Half Marathon just $45, 5K only $20; Lowest prices of the year
The Facility Operations Coordinator reports to and supports the Vice President of Operations in the performance of all custodial and maintenance activities within the organization's office building, warehouse property and grounds. This position also holds primary responsibility for the safety and security of the facilities, production equipment, and physical assets. The Coordinator will manage all contractors and vendors providing products and services related to maintenance of the properties, and must be knowledgeable in the areas of plumbing, HVAC, electrical maintenance, carpentry, and general maintenance. Warehouse management experience is preferred, and woodworking skills are a plus. Please submit resume with salary requirement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct management and oversight to include maintenance functions of the office building physical plant and the warehouse physical plant and operational assets, in collaboration with the CEO, CFO, and VP of Operations, including all systems contained within the office building and warehouse (except computer and phone systems), as well as the safety and security of the facilities' contents.
- Participates in and/or supervises the general cleaning and maintenance of the organization’s office building, warehouse and grounds, conducting an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep and repair of the organization’s facilities, grounds and assets to include regular inspections and reporting of needs.
- Direct management, oversight and maintenance of all production-related assets to ensure equipment is properly stored and maintained and available for use or third party rental. This shall include maintaining an active inventory and condition report of all assets.
- Support the VP of Operations in all third party rental of operational equipment, to include check-out and check-in of commercial rentals.
- Work in close cooperation with the VP of Operations and staff personnel to establish and recommend priorities on maintenance, repair and building projects and provide estimates on the cost of projects.
- Maintain a professional and cooperative working relationship with key vendors, service providers, staff and festival volunteers.
- Ensure facility operations are compliant with local, state and national rules and regulations and safety guidelines.
- Construction oversight, management and generation of event physical assets to include barricades, stands, booths, tables, and equipment suitable for independent construction.
- Will be available to fire and police departments and security monitoring services on a 24-hour call basis when building alarms sound and respond as necessary, and will be available to accept deliveries and make deliveries as needed by staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to read basic operating instructions, write reports and successfully complete tasks.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the basic techniques of electrical / plumbing / HVAC repair and maintenance, carpentry and grounds maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to safely operate tools, machinery, vehicles and equipment related to and necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. This includes, but is not limited to, motor vehicles, forklifts, pallet jacks, compactors, power tools, etc.
- The ability to develop and maintain a calm and professional working relationship with staff, volunteers, vendors, contractors and local government personnel. This includes good interpersonal relations and personnel management skills, including the ability to gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle a fast-paced, multi-task work environment.
- Must have the ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and project consequences of proposed actions, and be able to work independently and successfully complete tasks without constant direct supervision.
- The Facility Operations Coordinator is a full-time, year-round position, and will be provided with an insured vehicle, at no cost, for the purpose of conducting the duties and responsibilities of the position and limited personal use. The Coordinator will also be provided with a mobile telephone, at no cost, for the purpose of conducting the duties and responsibilities of the position and limited personal use.
- Paid Time Off consists of two weeks annually, (one week after six months), and three personal days each year with ½ day sick leave for each month worked.
- Fully paid medical insurance HMO with reimbursement repayment plan after 90 days of employment. Dental, vision and family coverage is available at additional cost to employee.
- Retirement plan features 3.5% paid 401K contribution (after 1 yr. employment) and a 4% matching contribution is available starting 90 days after employment (total of 7.5% w/ match after 1 yr.). Contributions are paid bi-monthly and are fully vested upon receipt.
- Parking downtown is paid.
Job Type: Full-time
- Beale Street Music Festival
- International Salute To Czech Republic
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Student Exchange Program
- For Educators