Memphis in May and Crosstown Brewing Co. Release Limited-Batch Czech-Based Beer
In conjunction with this year’s Salute to the Czech Republic, Memphis in May International Festival and Crosstown Brewing Company announce the “world beer-miere” of Brake Czech, a true pilsner brewed in the Czech tradition using authentic Czech hops. The name “Brake Czech” is in keeping with Crosstown Brewing Company’s automotive-themed labels.
The exclusive first tasting will be held at Crosstown Brewing Company on Saturday, May 12 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Representatives from Czech tourism will be on hand to present the history and tradition of Czech beer and introduce the new beer’s limited release. The event is free and open to the public, but of course, you must be 21 or older to responsibly enjoy the product. During the month of May, Brake Czech will also be available at Silky O’Sullivan’s and the Peabody Corner Bar.
Additionally, we are honored to have beer experts from the Czech Republic visiting Memphis Friday, May 4 as we kickoff the first weekend of Memphis In May International Festival.
Please join us at lunch at Crosstown Brewing Company (11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.; 1264 Concourse Ave.) or at happy hour at Ghost River Brewing Company (5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.; 827 S. Main St.) to welcome our distinguished guests:
- Lubos Hejda - Chairman of the Board Czech Hop Growers Union
- Michal Kovarik - Managing Director Czech Hop Growers Union
- Dr. Josef Patzak - Managing Director Hop Research Institute in Žatec
- Dr. Karel Krofta - Deputy Director and Head of hop chemistry department
- Dr. Vladimír Nesvadba - Head of hop genetics and breeding dept
- Jan Hervert - Brewmaster of trial brewery
The Crosstown “beer-miere” event is one of many ways Memphis in May is saluting the Czech Republic during International Week.
- Beale Street Music Festival
- International Salute To Czech Republic
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Student Exchange Program
- For Educators