archimania Principal to lead Festival Board of Directors in 2019
#BSMF18 Pro Tips
#BSMF18 arrives in less than two weeks! Since you’ve already assembled the crew and nailed down a schedule, you’re probably wondering what else is left to ensure a successful adventure. We’ve got you covered below with tips to make this year’s festival the best yet.
Tickets & Box Office
The sooner you buy your pass, the cheaper it will be. Snag your three-day pass, VIP Experience or single-day ticket from Ticketfly here. Skip the lines, get yours today.
Just a heads up, if you’re purchasing a three-day pass, you’ll only receive one ticket. That one ticket gets you into the festival grounds all three days. We suggest selecting the “print at home” option on Ticketfly when purchasing a three-day pass, then printing out two additional copies so you have one for each day. Problem solved!
If you’re up in the air and can’t buy tickets until the day of the event, we got you covered. The box office/will call is located at the corner of Beale and Wagner. You can also buy tickets from the south entrance, which is located near Riverside and Georgia, and the two bluff entrances (Vance Park & Butler Rd).
Traveling to #BSMF18
Lyft is the official rideshare partner of #BSMF18, available to help transport you to and from the festival. You can get $5 off two different rides with code MemphisinMay18, and when you carpool with your crew, you’ll save even more money! The drop-off point for Lyft rides is located at Beale & Wagner, allowing for easy access into Tom Lee Park from the North staircase entrance (Vance Park).
Downtown Memphis has plenty of lots, garages and spaces to find a spot close to Tom Lee Park. Click here to view a map of great places to park.
Come On In!
There are two main entrances into Tom Lee Park: the north entrance at Beale and Riverside and the south entrance at Riverside and Georgia. There are two additional entrances via the staircases from the Bluff side: the first via Vance Park and the other off Butler Rd. Tickets can be purchased at all gates.
If you’re trying to enter #BSMF18 as quick as possible, leave all bags at home. If you must come with a bag, expect delays as all bags are subject to inspection. For your safety, the size of your bag should be no larger than 12 inches x 12 inches (we recommend drawstring bags). Click here for a complete list of prohibited/permitted items.
All ticketholders can re-enter Tom Lee Park ONCE per day after initial entry. BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE PARK, exchange your ticket for a re-entry ticket and have your hand stamped. You’ll see the signs around the entry points with instructions. You must be back in the park two hours before the gates close.
Free. Water. Stations.
We heard your feedback loud and clear, so brand new at #BSMF18, we are providing FREE water stations courtesy of TVA. Bring your empty camelback and fill it up to the brim with H2O. You now have no excuse to not stay hydrated during the weekend.
You'll find these water stations at two different locations. The first will be at the north end of the park (Beale and Riverside), very close to the entrance of the Coca-Cola Blues Tent. The second can be found in the middle of the park, parallel to the FedEx stage and close to the main #BSMF18 merchandise tent.
Speaking of different locations at #BSMF18, this map should come in handy!
Lock It Up
Looking to store your stuff in a safe, secure spot while you party all day long? Rent a locker by clicking here! You can reserve one now to skip any lines or do it when you get inside Tom Lee Park. The lockers will be set up parallel to the center stage.
To sweeten the deal, your locker rental comes with the option to use their phone-charging stations. Cha-ching!
Download the App
Create your custom schedule, check out the food options, interact with artists on social media and much more all from the ease of your fingertips. The #BSMF18 app is available on all Apple and Android devices, go download it now!
**Pro tip – make sure you opt in for push notifications when setting up the app for the first time so you’re the first to receive info on artist/schedule changes, gates opening announcements and any emergency information.
Keeping You Safe
We take the safety of every guest that enters Tom Lee Park very seriously. In an effort to increase our safety measures, we've added another means of transparent communication. We strongly encourage every festival attendee to download the LiveSafe app and join our Memphis in May group. We'll send updates via the app only if a situation arises that warrants a notification. Download it now and keep it on your phone for #BSMF18 weekend.
Cool Down For A Bit
Thanks to our friends at West Cancer Center, we've added a Cool Zone complete with misting fans and sweet, sweet shade. Don't let the Memphis heat get to you, stop by the Cool Zone for a quick break from the sun. You'll find this area located parallel to the FedEx Stage near the middle of the park.
Be Smart. Have Fun.
We value the safety of every person who enters our gates. Here’s a few more helpful tips for the weekend:
- Stay hydrated. We were serious about the free water, so drink up!
- Protect yourself from the sun. Whether it’s sunscreen and a hat or wearing sunglasses and taking a break in the shade, try not to overdo your time in the sun.
- Speaking of sunscreen, you can leave it at home because we've got four sunscreen stations set up throughout the park thanks to our friends from BlueCross BlueShield. Apply when you walk in the gates and you're set.
- It’s not a bad idea to bring ear plugs…
- Keep your belongings on you at all times to prevent them from getting up and walking away. If you do lose something, head to the lost & found area, located at the police compound near the north entrance of the park.
- If you’re planning to snag some merch or get a bite to eat, be prepared to pay with cash. While some vendors take cash or card, the majority of transactions are done with cash. There will be plenty of ATMs set up throughout the park if you find yourself in a pickle.
- Dress for the weather. If it rains, come prepared with a poncho and rain boots. We prefer you leave all umbrellas at home as they have been known to obstruct the eye sight of other festival-goers around you. If you must bring an umbrella, make it a small one.
- Designate a meet-up spot. It's a big park and easy to get lost, so pick out a spot you can reassemble your crew should someone get split up or your phone dies.
- Set an alternate phone number on your lock screen in case you misplace your device.
- DO NOT BUY tickets from scalpers on the streets. You should purchase tickets in person at the box office or online via Ticketfly only. It's not worth taking the chance on a scam.
- Have a question that we haven't covered? Check out the FAQ page by clicking here.
Look Good, Feel Good
Wouldn’t it be cool to collect a piece of merchandise from every year or have a commemorative poster on your wall to help you remember your favorite sets? Make it happen by snagging a slick shirt and hat at the festival merch tent or swing through the George Hunt tent and grab a poster!
Keep It Social
Double-tap, re-tweet, favorite and follow the #BSMF18 fun all weekend! Keep up with us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to get live updates from around the park, special announcements and all the sick behind-the-scenes snaps.
We want to see what you see! Make sure you use #BSMF18 and tag our accounts in your posts. Who knows, maybe your shot will get featured in our feeds.
- Beale Street Music Festival
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Celebrate Memphis
- 2019 Salute