- THE PEABODY MEMPHIS - 149 Union Ave. - 901-529-4000
- HAMPTON INN - BEALE STREET - 175 Peabody Place - 901-260-4000
- CROWN PLAZA MEMPHIS DOWNTOWN - 300 N. Second St. - 901-312-2802
- HOLIDAY INN DOWNTOWN MEMPHIS - 160 Union Ave. - 901-525-5491
- SHERATON MEMPHIS DOWNTOWN - 250 Main St. - 901-527-7300
- SLEEP INN DOWNTOWN - 40 N. Front St. - 901-522-2207
- SPRINGHILL SUITES - COURT SQUARE - 85 Court Avenue - 901-522-2100
- DOUBLETREE MEMPHIS DOWNTOWN - 185 Union Avenue - 901-528-1800
- RESIDENCE INN MEMPHIS DOWNTOWN - 110 Monroe Ave. - 901-578-3700
- THE MADISON HOTEL - 79 Madison Ave. - 901-333-1200
- THE GUEST HOUSE AT GRACELAND - 3600 Elvis Presley Boulevard - 901-473-6016
- RIVER INN AT HARBOR TOWN - 50 Harbor Town Square - 901-260-3333
- DOUBLETREE MEMPHIS EAST - 5069 Sanderlin - 901-969-6710
This event is held at Tom Lee Park, in downtown Memphis. Tom Lee Park is approachable by car from I-55 and I-240. See the map for helpful navigation or the link below for where to park.
We want to ensure Memphis in May International Festival events are enjoyable for all our patrons and we recognize some of our guests may need accessibility-related assistance. Most of the access-related questions are answered below. For additional assistance, please contact us at access [at] memphisinmay [dot] org.
ADA EVENT MAPS
- 2017 Beale Street Music Festival Map
- 2017 World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest Map
Parking for persons with mobility limitations is available on a first-come, first-served basis on Riverside Drive from Beale Street to Union Avenue. The entrance to Disabled Parking is on Riverside Drive at Union Avenue. This is easily reachable from I-40 utilizing the Riverside Drive exit. If you are attending the festival and plan to drive on I-55, it is best to exit to I-240 North and then take the Union Avenue West exit and follow Union Avenue west to Riverside Drive.
Persons wishing to park in the Disabled Guest lot must show a visible state-issued placard, or have state-issued license plates. These must be visible to enter the lot and must remain visible while parking in the lot.
PATRONS WITH MOBILITY LIMITATIONS
Tom Lee Park is wheelchair accessible. Please be aware the grounds are for the most part natural terrain, so if it should rain there will be mud in some places.
Memphis in May does not provide personal care, golf cart rides, or push service. We also do not rent wheelchairs. Please come prepared.
Viewing areas for patrons with mobility disabilities, plus one companion, are located on stage right at all main stages and the entry ramps are accessible from the sidewalk. The platforms have limited capacity and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To provide unobstructed lines of sight to the stage, patrons in the wheelchair platform area will be asked to sit during the performance and folding chairs will be available on a first-come, first serve basis.
Accessible portalets are available at each of the portalet areas and are marked on the map in the event program.
SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS
Food and beverage items may not be brought in select Memphis in May events, particularly the Beale Street Music Festival and the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest. During the AutoZone Sunset Symphony picnic baskets are allowed to be brought in by patrons. Persons with special dietary needs may bring small amounts of food, for personal use only, into the venue if accompanied by a doctor’s note. For special requests for food items brought into the festival, please contact us at access [at] memphisinmay [dot] org.
Service animals, which are trained to assist an individual with a disability are allowed on the grounds of Tom Lee Park provided the animal does not pose a danger or threat to other service animals or patrons. Owners of service animals are responsible for the animal’s personal care. For entry into the events with a service animal, please bring your certificate and place the service animal in the appropriate vest to identify the animal.
Pets are not allowed.
Service animals must be under the control of their owners at all times and must be on a leash at all times.
Interpretation services for patrons may be available upon request. To request such service, please notify Memphis in May when purchasing your tickets. A minimum of three weeks prior notice is required to obtain a qualified interpreter and the artists’ lyric sheets.
LARGE PRINT OR BRAILLE SCHEDULES/PROGRAMS
Memphis in May will provide, with four weeks prior notice, event programs in Braille or large print. To request such a program, submit the request to access [at] memphisinmay [dot] org or by calling the Memphis in May International Festival, Inc offices at (901) 525-4611.
For any other questions, please email access [at] memphisinmay [dot] org.
- Beale Street Music Festival
- International Salute To Colombia
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- International Exchange Program
- For Educators