The 2017 #MIMGARR half marathon and 5K medals were unveiled!
Memorial Day Weekend - May 28, 2017
Memphis in May International Festival announces the return of last year's most exciting new event: Great American River Run Half Marathon and 5K. The event will anchor the festival’s Memorial Day Weekend line-up closing out the month-long civic celebration.
The race will be held May 28, 2017 and the course will take participants along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River and through downtown Memphis, with live entertainment along the run route and culminating with post-race music, food, and beverages on the river bluff. Both races are designed for all levels – from elite athletes to the beginning runner.
- Every runner who finishes their race will receive a medal. The medals for 2017 are pictured above, with the half marathon medal complete with a section of the Memphis skyline that spins! See more photos of both medals on our Facebook page.
- The half-marathon is scheduled to begin at 7 am CST, while the 5K will take off at 7:30 am CST.
- Maps for both races can be viewed here.
- View this year's soft-style race shirt here.
- A total of $6,700 in cash prizes are at stake at this year's run, including $1,000 to both male and female fastest finishers!
- The 2017 race expo will be held on Saturday, May 27 in downtown Memphis. Scroll down on this page for complete details.
We can't wait to see you on Sunday, May 28!
Prize Money Breakdown
A total of $6,700 in prize money is at stake during the 2017 Great American River Run half marathon. The top 5 male and female finishers will all walk away with prize money.
In addition, new to this year's race, the King and Queen of the Hill will also be awarded $500! At the 10th mile marker of the half marathon, runners will be crossing the dreaded A.W. Willis Bridge. The male and female with the fastest time up the climb will be crowned King and Queen of the Hill. Leave some gas in the tank for this one!
Who knows, maybe you'll be taking home more than just a stylin' medal and a slick shirt.
The 2017 Great American River Run Expo will be held on Saturday, May 27 in downtown Memphis. Registrants can pick up their packet, snag a few goodies from several of our vendors and get a first look at the medals they'll be earning. Feel free to come and go during any of the hours listed below.
Address: Big Cypress Lodge - Waterfowl Conference Room (3rd floor) | 1 Bass Pro Drive, Memphis, TN 38105
Hours: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Interested in being a vendor at this year's Expo? Click here to download the form.
Where should I park on race day?
Click here to view a detailed list of parking options for race day.
Are strollers allowed for either race?
Strollers are not permitted for either race this year.
Is there anything to do following the race?
Stick around Tom Lee Park to enjoy a huge post-race party complete with beer, food and live music!
What time does each race begin?
The half marathon will start at 7 am CST and the 5K will follow with a 7:30 am CST start.
Is there an age limit for either race?
We strongly caution every runner to consider the risks before deciding to run. With that being said, we do not have an age limit for the 5K but require runners to be 13 years old to participate in the half.
Are there any details about this year's Expo?
All the details on this year's Expo are listed under the Expo Information tab on this page.
Will there be any prizes for fastest finisher?
A total of $6,700 in cash prizes will be issued at the 2017 race! For more info, check under the Prize Money Breakdown tab on this page.
What is the time limit for the half marathon?
The time limit to complete the half marathon is four hours.
- Beale Street Music Festival
- International Salute To Colombia
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- International Exchange Program
- For Educators