Every runner that finishes gets a medal
Memorial Day Weekend - May 26, 2018
Registration for the 2018 Great American River Run is open. Sign up for either the 5K or half marathon by clicking here.
The race will be held May 26, 2018 and the course will take participants along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River and through downtown Memphis, with live entertainment along the run route. The race culminates with post-race music, food, and beverages on the river bluff. Both races are designed for all levels – from elite athletes to the beginning runner.
- Our post-race party is a great chance to savor downtown Memphis while you enjoy live music, beer and food!
- Every runner who finishes their race will receive a medal. The 2018 5K medal can be viewed by clicking here.
- Each registrant will be given a soft-style race shirt. This year's design will be unveiled soon!
- The half-marathon is scheduled to begin at 7 am CST, while the 5K will take off at 7:30 am CST.
- Last year's map for both races can be viewed here.
- Cash prizes are up for grabs at the 2018 race. Complete information will be listed soon.
- This year's race expo will be held in downtown Memphis.
- Free entry to 901Fest, a celebration of all things Memphis that takes place later in the day, is included with every registration.
We can't wait to see you this Memorial Day weekend!
Interested in being involved at the 2018 Great American River Run Expo? Click here to learn more!
We'll have enough food at the post-race party to feed a small army...or a couple thousand racers. Grab grub from your several Memphis hot-spots and enjoy your victory with us! We'll also have live music, so make plans to stick around following the race for food, music and beer!
What's an address for the start/finish line?
Both the half and 5K races start and finish at the same place in Tom Lee Park (357 Riverside Dr.)
If I'm coming from out of town, where should I stay?
Be sure to check out our travel page for a list of nearby hotels we recommend while you visit Memphis.
What are the details you can provide about the military discount?
With the race taking place on Memorial Day weekend, we want to honor armed forces personnel. The military discount should only be selected for those who are active or who have served in the armed forces
Where should I park on race day?
Click here to view a detailed list of parking options for race day.
Are strollers allowed for either race?
Strollers are not permitted for either race this year.
Is there anything to do following the race?
Stick around Tom Lee Park to enjoy a huge post-race party complete with beer, food and live music! Every registrant also receives free entry to 901Fest later in the day.
What time does each race begin?
The half marathon will start at 7 am CST and the 5K will follow with a 7:30 am CST start (this is subject to change).
Is there an age limit for either race?
We strongly caution every runner to consider the risks before deciding to run. With that being said, we do not have an age limit for the 5K but require runners to be 13 years old to participate in the half.
Are there any details about this year's Expo?
All the details on this year's Expo will be revealed at a later time.
What is the time limit for the half marathon?
The time limit to complete the half marathon is four hours.
- Beale Street Music Festival
- International Salute To Czech Republic
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Student Exchange Program
- For Educators