What you need to know
The team application process for the 2017 World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest has concluded but tickets can be purchased here! If you're looking for the schedule of the 2017 contest, click here.
The World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest will take place rain or shine. If severe weather should arise, refer to the WCBCC Facebook page for immediate information.
- Tickets can be purchased here.
- Children ages six and younger will receive free admission. Tickets are good for the dates specified only.
- A photo I.D. is required for will-call.
- No refunds, rain checks or exchanges. Tickets are good for the dates specified only.
- Admission to Tom Lee Park is first-come, first-served.
TRAVEL AND LODGING
Finding your way to Memphis and your way around the festival grounds is easy. World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest takes place in downtown Memphis, Tennessee in Tom Lee Park a 33-acre park on the banks of the Mississippi River located on Riverside Drive between Beale Street and Georgia Avenue.
For lodging accommodations, directions to Memphis, parking and other transportation options, please visit the travel page.
Inquires for patrons with Disabilities? See Accessibility Information.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- If Tom Lee Park reaches capacity, for the sake of crowd safety and enjoyment, Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. reserves the right to refuse admission unless a patron has a ticket purchased in advance.
- All packages and bags are subject to inspection.
- Photo I.D.'s are required for all alcohol purchases.
- Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. and its employees, officers and sponsors assume no liability for injury sustained by ticket holders at this event.
- Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject any person violating rules; local, state and federal laws; or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, dangerous or offensive.
FOOD AND DRINK
All food must be purchased with cash. ATMs are available at Tom Lee Park for your convenience. A photo I.D. is required for all alcohol purchases.
BBQ Alley sponsored by Big Green Egg is a new consumer experience at #WCBCC17! This special area features three well-known barbecue restaurants (Memphis BBQ Co., B's Cracklin BBQ and Grand Champion BBQ) plus Big Green Egg serving up what everyone comes to the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest to experience - top-notch barbecue! Limited quantities of $15 tickets can be purchased online here with the remaining allotment sold at the event. Check out more details below!
Available at the BBQ Alley area, located near the middle of the park.
Sales will begin at 1 pm on Thursday & Friday and 10 am Saturday.
- Smithfield Celebrity Pitmaster, Tuffy Stone
- Date/Time: Friday, May 19; 12:30pm – 1:00pm
- Demo: Better Backyard Ribs
- Tuffy will be showing the audience how to make better ribs at home. He will be showing ribs in (3) three stages: raw, half cooked and fully cooked. Within each stage, he will be adding rub, trimming, sharing a few tips and tricks and then showing the finished product which people can try during BBQ Alley.
- Smithfield Pitmasters, Tim Scheer and Brad Leighninger
- Date/Time: Friday, May 19; 11:30am - 12:00pm
- Demo: Pork Tips and Tricks
- Brad and Tim will be demonstrating a reverse sear method and how to cut bone-in loins into steaks.
Thursday, May 18 from 2-6 pm
Friday, May 19 from 2-6 pm
Saturday, May 20 from 11 am-3 pm
BBQ Alley will be located near the Memphis in May Merchandise Tent (map coming soon)!
A variety of BBQ will be served including pork ribs, pulled pork, beef and poultry. In addition, small sides will be offered like baked beans and mac n’ cheese.
A maximum of 400 people per session will be served. Follow the link above to purchase your tickets today and remember, if they sell out online, you'll still have the opportunity to buy them the day of the event.
Camping World Cooker Caravan
Want to learn to grill like a pit-master? Sign up for the Camping World Cooker Caravan, a free guided tour of some of our best competition teams. You'll get to rub shoulders with the best in the 'cue. Your guided tour will include cooking info, a chance to see a variety of specialty grills and smokers, and tips on how to improve your own backyard barbecue style. Tours leave every thirty minutes during schedule tour times. Don't miss this chance to get a behind-the-grill view of the most prestigious barbecue cooking competition in the world!
#WCBCC17 Schedule - Two groups are scheduled to leave at each time listed below. Sign up for your time on site at the Cooker Caravan tent, located near the middle of the park!
Thursday: 1:30p, 2:30p, 3:30p
Friday: 12:30, 1:30p, 2:30p, 3:30p
- Beale Street Music Festival
- International Salute To Colombia
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- The Band CAMINO
- DJ PAUL OF THREE 6 MAFIA
- John Paul Keith
- Star & Micey
- Opera Memphis
- Hippy Soul
- Drew Erwin
- THE PRVLG
- Kyndle McMahan
- STAX Music Academy
- Cameron Bethany
- School of Rock
- New Ballet Ensemble
- The General Store
- The Shotgun Billys
- Under the Radar
- Bailey & Wyly Bigger
- Storytelling - Mark Twain
- Line Up
- Great American River Run
- International Exchange Program
- For Educators