Program Specialist Becky Genoways inducted into Hall of Fame
We're thrilled to have Czech Republic as our 2018 honored country! A country filled with majestic architecture and picturesque mountain landscapes, our 2018 salute of Czech Republic is sure to be filled with lots of amazing experiences.
Check back at the end of the year as we release more information about our honored country. In the meantime, follow our Facebook page to stay up-to-date.
5 Facts About Czech Republic
- There are over 2,000 castles, keeps, and castle ruins in the Czech Republic, one of the highest density in the world.
- The Czech flag consists of red, blue and white. The colours stand for the following: red (blood shed for freedom), blue (imperiality & sovereignty) and white (traditional Bohemian colour and also represents sky).
- The Czechs drink more beer per capita than anyone else in the world, consuming on average 43 gallons (160 liters) per person, per year.
- Celebrating 100 years as an independent nation in 2018, beginning in 1918 as Czechoslovakia.
- The Czech Republic is a landlocked country in Central Europe, it shares borders with Germany, Austria, Slovakia and Poland.
- Beale Street Music Festival
- International Salute To Czech Republic
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Student Exchange Program
- For Educators