Over 2,000 runners hit downtown and the riverfront Bringing the 2021 Memphis in May to a close on a high not
Memphis in May International Festival
BRINGING THE WORLD TO MEMPHIS, AND MEMPHIS TO THE WORLD
The mission of Memphis in May International Festival is to promote and celebrate Memphis culture, foster economic growth, and enhance international awareness through education.
Memphis in May hosts the city's largest events like the Beale Street Music Festival and the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest. Memphis in May also produces extensive education, international, and economic programs for the city.
Memphis in May’s events bring people together to create memorable experiences and forge a bond with the city of Memphis. These popular events attract people from the surrounding region and across globe to the festival’s home in Tom Lee Park, downtown Memphis. Generations of Memphians and festival fans have made unforgettable memories with Memphis in May on the banks of the Mississippi River.
- Generates more than $149 million in economic impact.
- Improves the quality of life in the region.
- Promotes tourism like no other event in the city.
- Develops diversity and cultural pluralism.
- Remains Memphis' largest and most dynamic consumer event time and time again.
The Festival is governed by a Board of Directors and operated by the full-time MIM Staff.
Memphis in May International Festival is more than its events. It's also a 501-C(3) not-for-profit, community-based organization that contributes to the economic growth of the community, fosters civic pride, promotes awareness of Memphis heritage and builds international relationships.
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Beale Street Music Festival
- International Salute To Ghana
- 2022 Salute to Ghana