Over 2,000 runners hit downtown and the riverfront Bringing the 2021 Memphis in May to a close on a high not
Memphis in May International Festival is seeking an experienced marketing manager with social media, website, public relations, advertising, and promotion experience to coordinate marketing, PR and extensive digital activities. This is a full-time year-round staff position with diversified areas of marketing responsibility at one of America’s leading festival organizations. This position reports to and works under the Vice President of Marketing.
Please submit cover letter with resume to mim [at] memphisinmay [dot] org and include "Marketing Manager" in the subject line. Deadline to apply is July 22, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
• Work in close cooperation with the VP of Marketing, aiding in regards to all areas of media, PR and marketing communications.
• Direct coordination and implementation of website, mobile apps and digital platforms in cooperation with designated vendors.
• Oversight and management coordination of all of all social media platforms to include, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest.
• Creation and execution of all social media content and activities to include organic content -posts, tweets, shares, likes, engaging and increasing social reach.
• Assist with strategy and placement of paid social media marketing campaigns, to include ad performance analysis, ad creative analysis, successful conversions and budget optimization.
• Assist with development and implementation of publicity and promotional campaigns and process all media and publicity requests and materials as directed in a time sensitive manner.
• Coordination and oversight of all printed and on-line promotion and publicity materials for events and programs in cooperation with in-house creative staff and vendors.
• Coordination of contracted marketing service providers to include street teams, writers, photographers, media and digital production agencies.
• Engage with media outlets and all PR efforts as directed by the VP of Marketing. Work to enhance the organization’s digital presence via positive PR and messaging in all available channels.
• Assist with and coordinate media marketing campaigns to include research, production and placement.
• Assist in the set-up and on-site management of Media Center during event season. Direction of photographers and social media activities at all festival events.
Desired Skill Sets:
• Proven experience coordinating successful media strategies with organic and paid content across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snap Chat, Google +, etc.
• The ability to develop a consistent social media “voice”.
• Proven experience scheduling, planning, growing and managing social media channels through organic and paid strategies.
• Proven experience with paid social media campaigns including creative, ad placement, custom audience development, successful conversions and budgets.
• Proficiency with Facebook analytics, Facebook creator studio and Google analytics.
• Proficiency in database applications for digital communications
• Experience with social media tools such as Hub Spot, Hootsuite, Radian6,
• Experience in development and coding applications, such as: WordPress, HTML/5, CSS, PHP, etc.
• Proficiency and experience with a variety of cloud-based marketing tools
• Experience in application of digital and social media metrics and reporting
• Public relations and media relations experience
• Proven experience in SEO/SEM Employment Standards
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
• The ability to work independently following direction and established parameters.
• The ability to follow direction with strict attention to detail.
• The ability to remain calm when working in high pressure, time sensitive situations and effectively manage deadlines while working in a fast paced, multi-task work environment.
• The ability and flexibility to work long hours, as required, during event season.
• Proficiency in Office project management applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Extraordinary interpersonal relations skills, including the ability to gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Beale Street Music Festival
- International Salute To Ghana
- 2022 Salute to Ghana