MIM Events Planned with Strict COVID19 Protocols in Place
Healthy & Safety Compliance Officer
Memphis in May International Festival is seeking approximately 25 – 30 seasonal staff to serve as Health & Safety Compliance Officers for 2021 Festival events. This is a part time temporary seasonal position lasting approximately 5 days plus orientation & training, beginning in mid-May. The Health & Safety Compliance Officers report directly to the Festival Health & Safety Compliance Supervisor.
Memphis in May International Festival exists to produce a civic festival celebrating Memphis culture and to elevate the city’s profile on the international stage. The health and safety of our fans, teams, runners, volunteers, staff, sponsors, vendors, and the public are always our top priority. As the Festival desires to responsibly present as much of the traditional Memphis in May events as possible while planning for anticipated COVID19 protocols in the interest of public safety, a number of enhanced health & safety guidelines for MIM events have been implemented. The Health & Safety Compliance Officers’ primary duty is to ensure that these enhanced health & safety guidelines are followed. Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Compliance Officers will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
· Be thoroughly familiar with enhanced health & safety guidelines for MIM events.
· Follow all enhanced health & safety guidelines for MIM events.
· Represent Memphis in May in a positive fashion.
· Be professional, personal, and diplomatic in all communications and interactions with festival patrons and participants while maintaining an authoritative role.
· Actively and routinely monitor assigned areas during event operation hours to ensure enhanced health & safety guidelines are being followed.
· Ensure hygiene and screening measures are in place in assigned areas prior to opening and take corrective action where necessary.
· Monitor and ensure that mask and social distancing guidelines are being followed and take corrective action where necessary.
· Monitor and ensure that capacity limits are being followed and take corrective action where necessary.
· Report any incidents of non-compliance to supervisor and/or event operations Command Post.
There is a mutual understanding that there may be issues or responsibilities not fully contemplated in this document.
· Must be 21 years old or older, with a valid driver’s license or ID, a clean record and authorized to legally work in the U.S.
· The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· The ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and project consequences of proposed actions.
· The ability to remain calm when working in high pressure.
· The ability to work long hours outdoors in varying weather conditions as required for all event operations.
Compensation for the position is an hourly rate of $20 / hour for up to 40 hours, and an overtime rate of $24.00 for hours over 40 within a pay period. Hired staff should expect to work approximately 40 hours between Wednesday, May 12 and Saturday, May 15, 2021, with additional work opportunities on May 29.
Memphis in May is an equal opportunity employer.
Preference will be given to candidates with public safety and military background and experience. Please submit resume no later than April 21, 2021.
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Beale Street Music Festival
- International Salute To Ghana
- 2022 Salute to Ghana