Third Consecutive Year-Over-Year Growth
#BSMF19 Tips Presented By Academy Sports + Outdoors
#BSMF19 arrives in less than three weeks and our friends at Academy Sports + Outdoors are helping you get all your last-minute ducks in a row. Since you’ve already assembled your crew and nailed down a set schedule, you’re probably wondering what else is left to ensure a successful adventure. We’ve got you covered below with #BSMF19 pro tips presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors!
Before You Arrive
Whether it's a new pair of shades, some sunscreen, a Camelback to stay hydrated or a case for your phone, Academy Sports + Outdoors is the place to snag all those last-minute items prior to #BSMF19! Find a nearby location on their website and knock out the festival essentials in one trip.
Tickets & Box Office
The sooner you buy your pass, the cheaper it will be. Snag your three-day pass, VIP Experience or single-day ticket from Eventbrite here. The discounted price on three-day passes go up in smoke THIS FRIDAY (4/19) and it's your chance to save $45! Skip the lines, get yours today.
Just a heads up, if you’re purchasing a three-day pass, you’ll only receive one ticket. That one ticket gets you into the festival grounds all three days. When you get your confirmation email, open the PDF that's attached and print out three copies so you have one for each day. Problem solved!
If you’re up in the air and can’t buy tickets until the day of the event, we got you covered. The box office/will call is located at the corner of Beale and Wagner. You can also buy tickets from the south entrance, which is located near Riverside and Georgia, and the two bluff entrances (Vance Park & Butler Rd).
Traveling to #BSMF19
Lyft is the official rideshare partner of #BSMF19, available to help transport you to and from the festival. When you carpool with your crew, you’ll save even more money! The drop-off point for Lyft rides is located at Beale & Wagner, allowing for easy access into Tom Lee Park from the North staircase entrance (Vance Park).
Downtown Memphis has plenty of lots, garages and spaces to find a spot close to Tom Lee Park. Click here to view a map of great places to park.
Home of the Blues, Soul & Rock n' Roll
Okay, so you've got your tickets and locked down your hotel, but you know Memphis has a TON to do while you're here. Memphis Travel is about to come in clutch for you. Browse the links below and you'll find something that interests you during your visit to Memphis!
Craft beer lovers rejoice, Memphis was made for you!
Have you heard about our barbecue? If not, you need to eat our barbecue.
The music history in Memphis is rich and you should take advantage of your downtime wisely.
Come On In!
There are two main entrances into Tom Lee Park: the north entrance at Beale and Riverside and the south entrance at Riverside and Georgia. There are two additional entrances via the staircases from the Bluff side: the first via Vance Park and the other off Butler Rd. Tickets can be purchased at all gates.
If you’re trying to enter #BSMF19 as quick as possible, leave all bags at home. If you must come with a bag, expect delays as all bags are subject to inspection. For your safety, the size of your bag should be no larger than 12 inches x 12 inches (we recommend drawstring bags). Click here for a complete list of prohibited/permitted items.
All ticketholders can re-enter Tom Lee Park ONCE per day after initial entry. BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE PARK, exchange your ticket for a re-entry ticket and have your hand stamped. You’ll see the signs around the entry points with instructions. You must be back in the park two hours before the gates close and our re-entry policy is not available until the gates have been opened for two hours.
Fill It For Free
We'll have three FREE water stations courtesy of TVA and MLGW at #BSMF19. Bring your empty camelback or factory-sealed water bottle of 20 oz or less and fill 'em up to the brim with H2O. You now have no excuse to not stay hydrated during the weekend.
If you want to be a stage-hopping pro to catch all your favorite bands, you'll need to know where you're headed first. This map sure will come in handy as you navigate Tom Lee Park.
Rent a Locker
Looking to store your stuff in a safe, secure spot while you party all day long? Rent a locker by clicking here! You can reserve one now to skip any lines or do it when you get inside Tom Lee Park. The lockers will be set up parallel to the center stage.
To sweeten the deal, your locker rental comes with the option to use the available phone-charging stations. Cha-ching!
Create your custom schedule, check out the food options, interact with artists on social media and much more all from the ease of your fingertips. The #BSMF19 app is available on all Apple and Android devices, go download it now!
**Pro tip – make sure you opt in for push notifications when setting up the app for the first time so you’re the first to receive info on artist/schedule changes, gate opening announcements and any emergency information.
LiveSafe for #BSMF19
We take the safety of every guest that enters Tom Lee Park very seriously. In an effort to increase our safety measures, we've added another means of transparent communication. We strongly encourage every festival attendee to download the LiveSafe app and join our Memphis in May group. We'll send updates via the app only if a situation arises that warrants a notification. Download it now and keep it on your phone for #BSMF19 weekend.
Cool Zone FTW
Thanks to our friends at Merry Maids, we've got a Cool Zone complete with misting fans and sweet, sweet shade. Don't let the Memphis heat get to you, stop by the Cool Zone for a quick break from the sun. You'll find this area located parallel to the FedEx Stage near the middle of the park.
Things to Think About
Here are a few more helpful tips for the weekend:
- Stay hydrated. We were serious about the free water, so drink up!
- Protect yourself from the sun. Whether it’s sunscreen and a hat or wearing sunglasses and taking a break in the shade, try not to overdo your time in the sun.
- Speaking of sunscreen, you can leave it at home because we've got four sunscreen stations set up throughout the park thanks to our friends from BlueCross BlueShield. Apply when you walk in the gates.
- It’s not a bad idea to bring ear plugs…
- Keep your belongings on you at all times to prevent them from getting up and walking away. If you do lose something, head to the lost & found area, located at the police compound near the north entrance of the park.
- If you’re planning to snag some merch or get a bite to eat, be prepared to pay with cash. While some vendors take cash or card, the majority of transactions are done with cash. There will be plenty of ATMs set up throughout the park if you find yourself in a pickle.
- Dress for the weather. If it rains, come prepared with a poncho and rain boots. We prefer you leave all umbrellas at home as they have been known to obstruct the eye sight of other festival-goers around you. If you must bring an umbrella, make it a small collapsible one.
- Designate a meet-up spot. It's a big park and easy to get lost, so pick out a spot you can reassemble your crew should someone get split up or your phone dies.
- Set an alternate phone number on your lock screen in case you misplace your device.
- DO NOT BUY tickets from scalpers on the streets. You should purchase tickets in person at the box office or online via Eventbrite only. It's not worth taking the chance on a scam.
- Have a question that we haven't covered? Check out the FAQ page by clicking here.
Look Good, Feel Good
Wouldn’t it be cool to collect a piece of merchandise from every year or have a commemorative poster on your wall to help you remember your favorite sets? Make it happen by snagging a slick shirt and hat at the festival merch tent or swing through the George Hunt tent and grab a poster!
We Write Funny Captions on Twitter
Double-tap, re-tweet, favorite and follow the #BSMF19 fun all weekend! Keep up with us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to get live updates from around the park, special announcements and all the sick behind-the-scenes snaps.
We want to see what you see! Make sure you use #BSMF19 and tag our accounts in your posts. Who knows, maybe your shot will get featured in our feeds (like this photo from Allison Hart in 2018)!
- Beale Street Music Festival
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- International Salute To Ghana
- Fine Arts Submission
- Student Exchange Program
- For Educators