Celebrate Shelby - Sunday, November 24
Memphis in May’s 2019 Bicentennial Celebration continues! We are excited to celebrate the Bicentennial of Shelby County on Sunday, November 24 with a free event at Shelby Farms, the urban park that’s the jewel of Shelby County.
What began as a rural farming center with about 300 residents 200 years ago has grown to encompass seven municipalities that over 900,000 residents call home, and has made a lasting impact on every corner of the world.
The best local talent from Memphis, Germantown, Bartlett, Collierville, Arlington, Millington and Lakeland will be on hand for this county-wide birthday party (complete with cake!), and visitors can enjoy a few exciting surprises to end the celebration with a “bang.”
Be sure to visit each community area to discover more about the cities and towns that make Shelby County great as we Celebrate 200 Years and a New Century of Possibilities!
FREE Public Event
Gates: 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Lawn chairs, coolers, picnics and strollers are allowed
- Grab a county passport and take a trip with the kids to each municipal tent for a stamp and goodies.
- Your favorite food trucks will be serving up treats and local merchandise vendors will be selling products.
- What's a celebration without music? We'll have the tunes covered with plenty of live entertainment.
- The event will conclude with a fireworks finale over the lake.
- Keep the kids entertained with face painting, a petting zoo and action area that includes a climbing wall, cornhole, quarterback toss, golf challenge and soccer kick!
- We mentioned it was a bicentennial birthday celebration, so be sure and grab a cupcake...or two!
- Beale Street Music Festival
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Celebrate Shelby
- International Salute To Ghana
- Fine Arts Submission
- Student Exchange Program
- For Educators