MIM Events Planned with Strict COVID19 Protocols in Place
Media Credential Requests
Read over the following Media Credentials policies and criteria before completing the Media Credential Request Form below. Credentials for the Memphis in May International Festival will be granted to reporters and photographers who are ON ASSIGNMENT and covering Memphis in May events for legitimate publications, websites/blogs and/or radio and television stations. Please note we do not provide credentials to broadcast on-air personalities unless there is a prior arranged broadcast scheduled on-site at the event.
Approval of Media Credentials is at the sole discretion of Memphis in May. Failure to follow the request procedures may result in denial of your request. Please address additional questions via email to marketing [at] memphisinmay [dot] org.
Please read the following criteria prior to submitting the Media Credential Request Form:
- Credential requests must be submitted in advance - preference given to early submissions with appropriate status.
- Deadline for requests is one week prior to the start of the event.
- Credential requests will not be granted on-site at the event.
NOTE: MEDIA PASSES AND PHOTOGRAPHY PASSES ARE ONLY VALID FOR PIT ACCESS AND ACCESS TO THE MEDIA/MARKETING TRAILER. THEY ARE NOT VALID FOR BACKSTAGE OR ON-STAGE ACCESS.
MEDIA CREDENTIAL PICK-UP
Confirmation of your approved press credentials will be sent via email, along with further instructions for attaining your credential. Media check-in will depend on the event, and will be included in the instructions you receive.
Credentials will be approved based on the following criteria:
- Publication, Station or Media Outlet affiliation.
- Assignment by a legitimate media outlet to cover the festival. Credentials will be issued to those on assignment only. Family members or guests will not be considered for credentials (include assignment request on company letterhead or from legitimate email stating scope of work).
- Due to space limitations, only digital properties having a national or regional focus will be considered.
All photographers and videographers must sign a photo release form before they will be given a photo pass. The standard photo policy during the Beale Street Music Festival is that the first three songs by a performer can be shot from the stage pit by approved photographers. This policy is subject to change and advance approval is required by each individual artist.
Our press team will notify photographers at the festival of any further restrictions or modifications, and occassionally additional photography release forms must be signed by photographers before extended access is granted. Photographers who are granted a media credential and photo pass must agree to abide by all festival policies.
Media Credential Request Form
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Beale Street Music Festival
- International Salute To Ghana
- 2022 Salute to Ghana