- THE PEABODY MEMPHIS - 149 Union Ave. - 901-529-4000
- HAMPTON INN - BEALE STREET - 175 Peabody Place - 901-260-4000
- CROWN PLAZA MEMPHIS DOWNTOWN - 300 N. Second St. - 901-312-2802
- SHERATON MEMPHIS DOWNTOWN - 250 Main St. - 901-527-7300
- THE GUEST HOUSE AT GRACELAND - 3600 Elvis Presley Boulevard - 901-473-6016
- LA QUINTA INN AND SUITES - 310 Union Ave. - 901-522-2383
- WESTIN BEALE STREET - 170 Lt. George W. Lee - 901-334-5902
- HOLIDAY INN DOWNTOWN MEMPHIS - 160 Union Avenue - 901-525-5491
- HU HOTEL - 79 Madison Avenue - 833-585-0030
- THE CENTRAL STATION MEMPHIS - 545 S Main St. - 901-524-5247
- HILTON GARDEN INN DOWNTOWN - 201 Union Ave. - 901-528-1540
- DOUBLETREE MEMPHIS EAST - 5069 Sanderlin - 901-969-6710
- EMBASSY SUITES BY HILTON - 1022 South Shady Grove Road - 901-312-2163
We want to ensure Memphis in May International Festival events are enjoyable for all our patrons and we recognize some of our guests may need accessibility-related assistance. Most of the access-related questions are answered below. For additional assistance, please contact us at access [at] memphisinmay [dot] org.
PATRONS WITH MOBILITY LIMITATIONS
All events are wheelchair accessible. Please be aware the grounds do include natural terrain, so if it should rain there will be mud in some places.
Memphis in May does not provide personal care, golf cart rides, or push service. We also do not rent wheelchairs. Please come prepared.
Viewing areas for patrons with mobility disabilities, plus one companion, are located on stage right at all main stages and the entry ramps are accessible from the sidewalk. The platforms have limited capacity and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To provide unobstructed lines of sight to the stage, patrons in the wheelchair platform area will be asked to sit during the performance and folding chairs will be available on a first-come, first serve basis.
Accessible portalets are available at each of the portalet areas and are marked on the map in the event program.
SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS
Food and beverage items may not be brought in select Memphis in May events, particularly the Beale Street Music Festival and the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest. Persons with special dietary needs may bring small amounts of food, for personal use only, into the venue if accompanied by a doctor’s note. For special requests for food items brought into the festival, please contact us at access [at] memphisinmay [dot] org.
Pets are not allowed. Service animals that are trained to assist an individual with a disability are allowed at the events; emotional support animals do not qualify. Per ADA regulations, the service animal must remain under the handler’s control at all times and must not pose a danger or threat to other service animals or patrons. Owners of service animals are responsible for the animal’s personal care. For entry with a service animal into the events, please be prepared to explain what work or task the dog has been trained to perform, per ADA guidelines. While a specific service animal vest or harness is not required for the animal’s entry, due to the number of people at each event, having it identified as a working service dog would help deter patrons from wanting to pet the animal while it is working.
Interpretation services for patrons may be available upon request. To request such service, please notify Memphis in May when purchasing your tickets. A minimum of three weeks prior notice is required to obtain a qualified interpreter and the artists’ lyric sheets.
LARGE PRINT OR BRAILLE SCHEDULES/PROGRAMS
Memphis in May will provide, with four weeks prior notice, event programs in Braille or large print. To request such a program, submit the request to access [at] memphisinmay [dot] org or by calling the Memphis in May International Festival, Inc offices at (901) 525-4611.
For any other questions, please email access [at] memphisinmay [dot] org.
- Beale Street Music Festival
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- International Salute To Ghana
- 2022 Salute to Ghana