WHEN ARE TICKETS GOING ON SALE?
#BSMF19 three-day passes, single-day tickets and VIP experiences are now on sale and can be purchased by clicking here.
I PURCHASED A THREE-DAY PASS AND ONLY RECEIVED ONE TICKET. IS THAT CORRECT?
Yes, that's correct. That one ticket will get you into the festival all three days. We recommend printing off three copies of that ticket so you have one for every day of the festival.
WHAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TIERED PRICING?
The only difference between the three-day pass tiers is the price. We recommend buying the lowest tier that's available.
DO I HAVE TO PRINT MY TICKET OUT OR CAN I JUST SCAN IT FROM MY PHONE?
To keep the admission lining moving, we ask that everyone print their ticket out and scan the paper ticket at the gate. The scanners have a tough time reading the barcode from phones and for the sake of others around you, scanning a paper ticket makes the line move faster.
CAN I PURCHASE TICKETS AT THE GATE?
Yes, general admission tickets may be purchased at the gate at Tom Lee Park. Admission to Tom Lee Park is first-come first-served.
DO I NEED ANYTHING TO PICK UP MY TICKETS AT WILL-CALL?
A photo I.D. is required for all tickets at will-call.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
The Beale Street Music Festival will be presented rain or shine. Performances may be postponed or cancelled if weather conditions are deemed unsafe. Performers and performance times are subject to change without notice.
ARE REFUNDS, RAIN CHECKS OR EXCHANGES AVAILABLE?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds, rain checks or exchanges. Tickets are good for the dates specified only.
WHAT CAN I BRING?*
- Government issued photo identification
- Small bags, fanny packs and purses (16” x 16” x 16” maximum, any bag larger than 12” x 12” x 12” MUST BE A CLEAR BAG)
- One factory-sealed water bottle of 20 oz or less
- Camelback hydration packs (1.75Litres or less)
- Sunglasses & Hats
- Sunscreen lotion – non-aerosol containers only (we'll have sunscreen stations around the park too)
- Hula Hoops
- Cell phones
- Non-professional flash/still cameras
WHAT CAN'T I BRING?*
- Illegal substances
- Firearms, explosives and weapons of any kind (including pocket knives, pepper spray, mace, fireworks, etc.)
- Aerosol containers (including sunscreen & personal beauty products)
- Selfie sticks
- Outside food or drink
- Cameras with detachable lenses
- Professional radios / walkie-talkies
- Cans, containers, glass bottles and coolers
- Laser pointers (or similar devices)
- Yard games, marker pens and inflatables
- Chains / spiky jewelry
- Lawn Chairs or stools (including inflatable furniture)
- Full or Oversized umbrellas (small, collapsible umbrellas are permitted)
- Tents, canopies or shade structures of any kind
- Totems, flags, banners or signs
- Water Guns
- Thrown objects (baseballs, footballs, frisbees, etc.)
- Recording Equipment
- Oversized purses, bags, backpacks, etc. (larger than 18” x 18” x 18”)
- Pets (with the exception of service animals)
- Bikes, rollerblades, hoverboards, skates, skate boards, scooters, etc.
- Musical instruments
- Bad attitudes
*These items are subject to change. Please recheck this section before attending the event to have the most up-to-date listing.*
**Drone operators flying in Tom Lee Park during Memphis in May events will be arrested and prosecuted by the City of Memphis**
General BSMF Information
WILL LOCKERS BE AVAILABLE?
Keep yourself light on your feet and your phone charged by using one of our lockers to stow your personal items. We provide safe, secure, and easy storage with all-day access so you can come and go to your locker at any time! Click here to reserve your locker now.
WHAT AGES ARE ALLOWED TO ATTEND BEALE STREET MUSIC FESTIVAL?
All ages are welcome at Beale Street Music Festival, however there is no age-based discount available. All patrons must have a ticket to enter regardless of age and must pay the same ticket price.
ARE CAMERAS ALLOWED?
For the convenience of festival goers, cameras are not allowed with the exception of cell phone devices and non-professional flash/still cameras. Cameras are allowed for credentialed media with photography passes.
CAN I LEAVE AND RE-ENTER THE PARK?
Festival guests may exit and re-enter once per day. BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE PARK, exchange your ticket for a re-entry ticket and have your hand stamped. You'll see the signs around the entry points. You have to be back in the park two hours before the gates close (10:30 pm Friday and Saturday; 8:30 pm on Sunday).
DO I NEED CASH?
Most purchases can be made with cash or credit. ATMs are available at the park for your convenience.
WHERE CAN I STAY IF I'M TRAVELING INTO MEMPHIS FOR BSMF?
Finding your way to Memphis and your way around the festival grounds is easy. Beale Street Music Festival takes place in downtown Memphis, Tennessee in Tom Lee Park a 33-acre park on the banks of the Mississippi River located on Riverside Drive between Beale Street and Georgia Avenue.
For lodging accommodations, directions to Memphis, parking and other transportation options, please visit the travel page.
HOW DO I GET TO BSMF ONCE IN MEMPHIS?
Take Transit: Memphis Area Transit Authority (MATA) operates bus service throughout the city, as well the Main Street, Madison and Riverfront trolley buses. Use google maps, download the TransLoc Rider app, call MATA at 901.27.MATA or go to www.matatransit.com to plan your route. Learn more about trolley bus service hours and any re-routes during the Memphis in May Festival here.
Lyft: Lyft is the official rideshare partner of Beale Street Music Festival and the best way to get to/from the festival with ease.
There are three dedicated pickup/drop-off areas across the festival footprint when you can request a ride. Stop by the Lyft Lounge at the North end to charge your phone, sit down for a few and rest in comfort as your ride arrives.
If you’ve never used Lyft before, get $5 off 2 rides your ride with promo code BSMF19
General Park Information
WHERE IS BEALE STREET MUSIC FESTIVAL LOCATED?
Beale Street Music Festival is held at Tom Lee Park, a 30-acre sprawling park on the banks of the Mississippi river in Downtown Memphis, Tennessee. Tom Lee Park is approachable by car from I-55 and I-240.
WHERE CAN I PARK?
See a map of parking garages and lots in Downtown Memphis here. You can also use MATA trolleys or walk to get to remote parking areas that may be less crowded.
WHERE IS FIRST AID LOCATED?
First Aid is located near the center of Tom Lee Park (between Poles 10 & 11) adjacent to the MIM Merch Tent. The station is staffed by medical personnel through an agreement with Medic One. Should you need emergency medical treatment, please go to the First Aid Station or contact a member of security. Personnel are not allowed to dispense medications.
WHERE IS LOST AND FOUND?
All items remaining at the end of the Music Festival are tagged in the MPD Property and Evidence room at 201 Poplar. Their number is 901-636-3550.
IS BSMF WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE?
Tom Lee Park is wheelchair accessible. Please be aware that the grounds are for the most part natural terrain, so if it should rain there will be mud in some places. Memphis in May does not provide personal care, golf cart rides, or push service. We also do not rent wheelchairs. Please come prepared. Viewing areas for patrons with mobility disabilities, plus one companion, are located on stage right at all main stages and the entry ramps are accessible from the sidewalk. The platforms have limited capacity and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To provide unobstructed lines of sight to the stage, patrons in the wheelchair platform area will be asked to sit during the performance and folding chairs will be available on a first-come, first serve basis. Accessible portalets are available at each of the portalet areas and are marked on the map in the event program.
ARE PETS ALLOWED?
Pets are not allowed. Service animals that are trained to assist an individual with a disability are allowed on the grounds of Tom Lee Park provided the animal does not pose a danger or threat to other service animals or patrons. Owners of service animals are responsible for the animal’s personal care. For entry into the events with a service animal, please bring your certificate and place the service animal in the appropriate vest to identify the animal. Service animals must be under the control of their owners at all times and must be on a leash at all times.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- If Tom Lee Park reaches capacity, for the sake of crowd safety and enjoyment, Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. reserves the right to refuse admission unless a patron has a ticket purchased in advance.
- All bags are subject to inspection.
- Photo I.D.'s are required for all alcohol purchases.
- Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. and its employees, officers and sponsors assume no liability for injury sustained by ticket holders at this event.
- Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject any person violating rules; local, state and federal laws; or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, dangerous or offensive.
- Beale Street Music Festival
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- International Salute To Ghana
- Fine Arts Submission
- Student Exchange Program
- For Educators