Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2020
Registration for the 2020 Great American River Run Half Marathon, 10K & 5K is now OPEN!
The race will be held May 23, 2020 and the course will take participants along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River and through downtown Memphis. The race culminates with post-race music, food, and beverages on the river bluff. All three distances are designed for all levels – from elite athletes to the beginning runner.
- Our post-race party is a great chance to savor downtown Memphis while you enjoy live music, beer and food!
- Every runner who finishes their race will receive a medal.
- Each registrant will be given a soft-style race shirt (pictured below)!
- Start time for the three races will be announced in the coming months.
- Race maps for last year's half marathon and 5K route can be viewed here, but please note these are subject to change.
- Cash prizes are up for grabs at the 2020 race. Complete information will be listed soon.
- This year's race expo will be held in downtown Memphis on Friday, May 22.
We can't wait to see you this Memorial Day weekend!
We'll have enough food at the post-race party to feed a small army...or a couple thousand racers. Grab grub from your several Memphis hot-spots and enjoy your victory with us! We'll also have live music, so make plans to stick around following the race for food, music and beer!
Can someone else pick up my packet at the Expo?
If you are unable to attend the Expo on Friday, someone else can pick up your race packet for you. Make sure they come with a copy of your ID and proof of your registration.
What's an address for the start/finish line?
All races start and finish at the same place in Tom Lee Park (357 Riverside Dr.)
If I'm coming from out of town, where should I stay?
Be sure to check out our travel page for a list of nearby hotels we recommend while you visit Memphis.
What are the details you can provide about the military discount?
With the race taking place on Memorial Day weekend, we want to honor armed forces personnel. The military discount should only be selected for those who are active or who have served in the armed forces
Where should I park on race day?
Click here to view a detailed list of parking options for race day.
Are strollers allowed for either race?
Strollers are not permitted for either race this year.
Is there anything to do following the race?
Stick around Tom Lee Park to enjoy a huge post-race party complete with beer, food and live music!
What time does each race begin?
The half marathon will start at 7 am CST and the 5K will follow with a 7:30 am CST start (this is subject to change).
Is there an age limit for either race?
We strongly caution every runner to consider the risks before deciding to run. With that being said, we do not have an age limit for the 5K but require runners to be 13 years old to participate in the half.
Are there any details about this year's Expo?
All the details on this year's Expo will be revealed at a later time.
What is the time limit for the half marathon?
The time limit to complete the half marathon is four hours.
Keep in touch, follow us on Instagram!
- Beale Street Music Festival
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Celebrate Shelby
- International Salute To Ghana
- Fine Arts Submission
- Student Exchange Program
- For Educators