Thanks For Coming!
Y'all showed up and smoked out another terrific weekend with us and we want to say thank you! We enjoyed every minute of WCBCC19, from getting sloppy at sauce wrestling to crowning a new World Champion, we've got enough memories to last another year!
Stay tuned for #WCBCC20 information, event dates, ticket information and much more later this year!
The World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest will take place rain or shine. If severe weather should arise, refer to the WCBCC Facebook page for immediate information.
- Children ages six and younger will receive free admission. Tickets are good for the dates specified only.
- A photo I.D. is required for will-call.
- No refunds, rain checks or exchanges. Tickets are good for the dates specified only.
- Admission to Tom Lee Park is first-come, first-served.
TRAVEL AND LODGING
Finding your way to Memphis and your way around the festival grounds is easy. World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest takes place in downtown Memphis, Tennessee in Tom Lee Park a 33-acre park on the banks of the Mississippi River located on Riverside Drive between Beale Street and Georgia Avenue.
For lodging accommodations, directions to Memphis, parking and other transportation options, please visit the travel page.
For information about what to eat, where to stay and what to visit while staying in the Home of the Blues, Soul & Rock n' Roll, check out MemphisTravel.com.
Inquires for patrons with Disabilities? See Accessibility Information.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- If Tom Lee Park reaches capacity, for the sake of crowd safety and enjoyment, Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. reserves the right to refuse admission unless a patron has a ticket purchased in advance.
- All packages and bags are subject to inspection.
- Photo I.D.'s are required for all alcohol purchases.
- Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. and its employees, officers and sponsors assume no liability for injury sustained by ticket holders at this event.
- Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject any person violating rules; local, state and federal laws; or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, dangerous or offensive.
FOOD AND DRINK
All food must be purchased with cash. ATMs are available at Tom Lee Park for your convenience. A photo I.D. is required for all alcohol purchases.
BBQ Alley presented by Big Green Egg
BBQ Alley presented by Big Green Egg is a consumer experience at #WCBCC! This special area features three well-known barbecue restaurants plus Big Green Egg serving up what everyone comes to the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest to experience - top-notch barbecue! Limited quantities of $16 tickets are on sold online and in person. Check out more details below!
Tickets: Available online closer to May and at the BBQ Alley area, located near the middle of the park.
Free Demos: More information on this year's demos will be available at a later date.
Session 1: 2-4 pm
Session 2: 4-6 pm
Session 3: 2-4 pm
Session 4: 4-6 pm
Session 5: 11 am-1 pm
Session 6: 1-3 pm
Session 7: 3-5 pm
BBQ Alley will be located near the Memphis in May Merchandise Tent!
A variety of BBQ will be served including pork ribs, pulled pork, beef and poultry. In addition, small sides will be offered like baked beans and mac n’ cheese.
A maximum of 250 people per session will be served. If they sell out online, you'll still have the opportunity to buy them the day of the event. Please note that BBQ Alley is an add-on and a general admission ticket must still be purchased to gain access into the park.
Kingsford Tour of Champions
The general public has access to taste and judge barbecue from the teams competing by purchasing a ticket for the Kingsford Tour of Champions. This unique barbecue experience gives you the chance to judge and sample barbecue and listen to teams explain their craft. Each tour will last approximately an hour and a half and includes visits to three different barbecue teams.
Tickets: Available exclusively online at a later date
Tour 1: 2 pm
Tour 2: 3 pm
Tour 3: 4 pm
Tour 4: 2 pm
Tour 5: 3 pm
Tour 6: 4 pm
Capacity for each session is 90 people. Please note that the Kingsford Tour of Champions is an add-on and a general admission ticket must still be purchased to gain access into the park.
VIPit Pass presented by Big Green Egg
The VIPit Pass is the head honcho of World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest experiences. From cooking demonstrations to tours of competitor's team spaces, you'll be shown the things that everyone wishes they could see. The #WCBCC19 VIPit schedule for each day is listed below!
Wednesday, May 15
- 5:30 pm - Welcome by Hosts Frank and Mary Horner, enjoy complimentary beverages
- 6:00 pm - Light Bite food offering compliments of Big Green Egg
- 6:30 pm - Watch Sauce Wrestling presented by McVean Trading on Cattlemen’s Main Stage
Thursday, May 16
- 3:00 pm - Meet in Big Green Egg VIPit Hospitality
- 3:45 pm - Distribute VIP BBQ Team Bios and depart to meet with teams and enjoy barbecue (Round 1)
- 4:45 pm - Depart to meet with teams and enjoy barbecue (Round 2)
- 5:45 pm - Depart to Big Green Egg VIPit Hospitality
- 6:00 pm - Watch Ms. Piggy Idol on Cattlemen’s Main Stage
- 6:15 pm - Dessert food offering compliments of Big Green Egg
- 8:30 pm - Watch The Dan Band on Cattlemen’s Main Stage
Friday, May 17
- 12:30 pm - Meet in Big Green Egg VIPit Hospitality
- 1:00 pm - Depart to BBQ Alley
- 1:15 pm - Meet BBQ Alley Participants and Eat BBQ Samplings
- 2:00 pm - Cooking Demonstration with Big Green Egg
- 3:45 pm - Distribute VIP BBQ Team Bios and depart to meet with teams and enjoy barbecue (Round 3)
- 4:45 pm - Depart to meet with teams and enjoy barbecue (Round 4)
- 5:45 pm - Depart to Big Green Egg VIPit Hospitality
- 6:00 pm - Watch Rib Rumble on Cattlemen’s Main Stage
- 6:15 pm - Cooking Demonstration with Big Green Egg
- 6:30 pm - Food offering compliments of Big Green Egg & Awards Ceremony on Cattlemen’s Main Stage
- 8:00 pm - Watch MINI KISS on Cattlemen’s Main Stage
Saturday, May 18
- 11:30 am - Meet in Big Green Egg VIPit Hospitality
- Noon - Judging Class by Certified Judge Ron Childers
- 1:30 pm - Depart for Blind Judging in Judges Tent
- 2:00 pm - Depart for Big Green Egg VIPit Hospitality & eat Blind Judging Samples
- 3:00 pm - Operation BBQ Relief – Stan Hays
- 5:00 pm - Food Offering compliments of Big Green Egg
- 6:30 pm - Awards Ceremony on Cattlemen’s Main Stage
- 8:30 pm - Watch Bobby Rush on Cattlemen’s Main Stage
Cooker Caravan Presented by Prairie Fresh
Want to learn to grill like a pit-master? Sign up for the Cooker Caravan presented by Prairie Fresh, a free guided tour of some of our best competition teams. You'll get to rub shoulders with the best in the 'cue. Your guided tour will include cooking info, a chance to see a variety of specialty grills and smokers, and tips on how to improve your own backyard barbecue style. Tours leave every thirty minutes during schedule tour times. Don't miss this chance to get a behind-the-grill view of the most prestigious barbecue cooking competition in the world!
This is a free tour and tickets are not required, however, space is limited and you'll need to sign up at the Cooker Caravan table, located in the middle of the park near the Judges Tent.
#WCBCC Schedule & Times: These will be available at a later date.
Here's a look at the #WCBCC19 map as a reference point. We'll update this for #WCBCC20 as soon as it's finalized!
Keep in touch, follow us on Instagram!
- Beale Street Music Festival
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- Celebrate Memphis
- Fine Arts Submission
- Student Exchange Program
- For Educators