#WCBCC22 Event Details
Here’s more information about the world’s premier barbecue cooking contest! Remember that it is a CONTEST AND NOT A FOOD FESTIVAL, meaning the barbecue being cooked here is only for the judges, the teams, and their friends, NOT the general public.
But don’t despair! Check out these options below for ways you can enjoy championship-quality barbecue at the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest!
Any COVID19 protocols that are in place at the time of the event will be enforced. Event details subject to change. The safety of our patrons and staff are our top priority.
VIPit Passes will be available. From cooking demonstrations to tours of competitor's team spaces, you'll be shown the things that everyone wishes they could see. While the final #WCBCC22 VIPit schedule isn't quite approved yet, we've listed a few things from the 2021 VIP experience below to help you get a taste.
A typical VIPit experience may include:
- Several rounds of meeting & interacting with competition teams
- Cooking demonstrations (& tastings too, of course)
- Judging class with a certified Memphis in May judge
- Depart for Blind Judging in the Judges Tent
- AND MUCH MORE!
Kingsford Tour of Champions
The general public has access to taste and judge barbecue from the teams competing by purchasing a ticket for the Kingsford Tour of Champions. This unique barbecue experience gives you the chance to judge and sample barbecue and listen to teams explain their craft. Each tour will last approximately an hour and a half and includes visits to three different barbecue teams. Tickets for the KTOC will be available when purchasing general admission tickets.
The World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest will take place rain or shine. If severe weather should arise, refer to the WCBCC Facebook page for immediate information.
- Tickets are good for the dates specified only.
- No refunds, rain checks or exchanges.
- Admission to WCBCC is first-come, first-served.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- If WCBCC reaches capacity, for the sake of crowd safety and enjoyment, Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. reserves the right to refuse admission unless a patron has a ticket purchased in advance.
- All packages and bags are subject to inspection.
- Photo I.D.'s are required for all alcohol purchases.
- Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. and its employees, officers and sponsors assume no liability for injury sustained by ticket holders at this event.
- Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject any person violating rules; local, state and federal laws; or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, dangerous or offensive.
FOOD AND DRINK
All food must be purchased with cash. ATMs are available at WCBCC for your convenience. A photo I.D. is required for all alcohol purchases.
Keep in touch, follow us on Instagram!
- Beale Street Music Festival
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- Great American River Run
- International Salute To Ghana
- 2022 Salute to Ghana